Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beer Makes Everything Better, Right?

Beer and chicken.  Two things that I think go together well, don't you think?  Well, beer could go with a lot of meals, who am I kidding? ;)

Crock Pot Beer Chicken.  Now, We've cooked brats with beer, turkey chili, I think I've baked with beer before, but never thought to try chicken.  The pin I saved on Pinterest doesn't link to any particular site except a site called "Foodpicsgo.com" which just brings you to a page with the same recipe listed in the description and the chicken picture.  Here's what I pinned:






6 ingredients are all you need: 2lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a can of your favorite beer, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp dried oregano, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.

We decided to use Fat Tire since we're both fans.  I combined all of the spiced together in a small bowl first.  Then I placed the chicken breasts in the crock pot, sprinkled the spice mix over the chicken, and poured the beer over and around the chicken.  The crock pot was set on low for 6.5 hours.


Crock Pot Beer Chicken ready to cook!

All done!

The aroma the chicken made as it neared the end of the cooking time was so tempting!  My husband decided to pair it with rice since there was a lot of sauce that could be poured over the rice.  It was delicious!  I wouldn't go over 6 hours (maybe try 5 hrs?) as it did dry out some parts of the chicken-they were small parts though!  The chicken breasts were definitely tender enough to shred with just a fork! *update-we discovered that 4.5 is perfect for chicken in our crock pot! At that mark, check your chicken :)

Another successful recipe thanks to Pinterest!  We'll definitely be adding this one to the book and trying different beers each time we make it!



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment